Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Geocaching

My cousin introduced me to this thing called Geocaching at our Easter family gathering. He told me that you could go to the website, put in your zip code and it would spit out different GPS coordinates of these "caches" around you. These caches are little things that people put at the different coordinates and people can go find them. My cousin said he found one and it was a box that you could sign your name in and either put something in it or take something out of it. It's so neat what you can do with a GPS. If your interested and want to learn more you can go to the website at www.geocaching.com

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you introducted me to this! My friends and I have been wanting to plan a scavanger hunt for a long time, but never got around to it. This sounds like a lot of fun and I am very excited to partake! Let me know how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about this. Apparently there are people who hide caches in some really tough spots. I'm glad I know what they are in case I ever came across one. I wouldn't want to take away from other people's hobbies and activities. Then again, there might be treasure in one....

    ReplyDelete